Saturday 20 October 2012

IT'S THE MONSOON SEASON AGAIN!

May peace be upon you.

The monsoon season is here again. It has been raining like cats and dogs everyday. But I like rainy days. The air just feels so fresh and cool. I love to see the white mist surrounding the tropical forest near my house. When we were kids, my mother allowed us to play in the rain for hours. That was really fun.


         I know some of you do not like the rain much but you have to agree it was stifling hot when it didn't rain not to mention the haze that covered our nation for quite some time. Hooray for the rain! Thank you God.


          But then again I shouldn't be so ecstatic about the rain. I remembered when I was in secondary school (well that was a long time ago), my old friend said to me, "Ita, you might like the rain but to my old folks who are rubber tappers, rain means no income for us." I was totally humbled. Every time it rains, rubber tappers can't go to work. It must be an extremely difficult time for them.

     
           The monsoon season also brings flood especially to the East Coast. I experienced that when we were living in the state of Pahang. The flood rose up to to the roof. Every year we have flood in the east coast and every year we have fatalities due to drowning. Can't we do something about it? With all our modern technology, there should be less fatalities.


             We do have the monsoon festival in the state of Terengganu. I did visit it once. It was rain,rain, rain... but we did had fun.



         



          

No comments:

Post a Comment