Tuesday 20 November 2012

THE STORY OF A STRANGER

May peace be upon you.


I met a lady,one day while waiting for a taxi..I told her there are not many taxis around here. The bus comes when the bus driver felt like it. She then sat next to me and told me her story. I don't know why she told me, a total stranger but I guess she needed  somebody to talk to.

       She just been to the Municipal Council Hq to make an appeal. Apparently her illegal stall was torn down by the authority. She is a single mother with 5 children, Only one was working as a factory operator, the rest were still schooling. She had no house and therefore forced to live with her mother in a 2 bedroom flat in a low cost housing area.She and her 5 children had to cramp in with three other members of the family in the small unit.

       The stall was her life line to feed her children. I asked her why didn't she ask for help from her ex husband. When she answered I knew then she was a good person. Instead of bad mouthing her ex, she just said he was married and also in dire straits.

       From her story I know she will never give up. She will sail through the storm and come out a survivor and a winner. She didn't blame anyone for her misfortunes but instead focus on getting back on her feet and move on. Her story inspired me. I feel so grateful to God for giving me this good life. Alhamduleelah...

     

No comments:

Post a Comment