Wednesday 28 November 2012

THE ENDLESS MARATHON

May peace be upon you.

My youngest son had just been circumcised. He was very brave. He didn't even shed a tear. I just realized that that is the end of the circumcision saga of my children. Phew! Alhamdulillah, that is a relief.

       Bringing up my children felt like a long endless marathon. Sometimes you need to speed up your running but sometimes you need to slow down. Just to catch a breather.

        I had my first and my second babies in England. That was hard. My family wasn't there to help me, my mom wasn't there to nag me what to do.

        It was harder with the first baby. I broke my leg when I was 8 months pregnant! I slipped and fell. My husband rushed me to the hospital and this nurse accidentally stepped on my injured leg. That really hurts...  I spent the rest of my pregnancy with a big cast on my leg. Fortunately, one week before the baby was due the cast was off. Thinking about it now, it was funny. But it wasn't then. Just imagine a pregnant woman with her huge belly and a monstrous bright orange cast.

       I'm grateful that all my babies turn out alright even though all of them had asthma. It was an arduous journey but a meaningful and enjoyable one. But there is still a long journey ahead of us...  

No comments:

Post a Comment